What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides funding support to people with a disability, their families and carers. Launched in 2013, the scheme is overseen by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and allows individuals with a permanent and significant disability to access government funding. The scheme aims to give people with a disability more choice and control over the support they receive based on their individual needs, goals and aspirations.
The NDIS can provided support across a range of areas including employment, heath, education, accommodation, independence, involvement in recreational, sport and social activities.
As an insurance scheme, the NDIS takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with disability early to improve their outcomes later in life. Assistance from the NDIS is not means tested and has no impact on income support such as the Disability Support Pension and Carers Allowance.
Am I eligible for NDIS funding?
The NDIA determines who is eligible to participate in the scheme.
You may be eligible if:
- You are between 7 and 65 years of age.
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a special category visa.
- You have a permanent and significant disability for which you need frequent support.
- Your condition affects your ability for social and economic participation
For more information visit the NDIS website.
TAG 5 IS A REGISTERED NDIS PROVIDER
If you have an NDIS plan, you can choose how you want to handle the financial aspects of your plan. One way you can do this is by electing an NDIS registered Plan Manager to take care of things for you.
Registration ID: 4050014936
As a registered NDIS provider, TAG 5 can assist you with the management of your NDIS plan to ensure you get the most out of your funding. Plan Management is directly funded by your plan. As your Plan Manager, we can:
- help you to keep track of your funds;
- receive invoices and pay providers for you;
- complete financial reporting; and
- make claims via the NDIS portal on your behalf
If you choose us as your Plan Manager, you will still be able to choose and arrange your own supports if you wish.
Ensure you get the most from your NDIS plan. We understand that it can be challenging to navigate the NDIS. Our Support Coordinator will work with you to coordinate your supports, explore what options are open to you and how you can access other supports that you might need.
We can support you to find the right providers for you, assist you to build skills to understand your plan and most importantly, help you put the plan in action.
TAG 5 is certified and registered in the provision of:
- Accommodation Support
- In-home accommodation support
- Learning and Life Skills Development
- Recreational Holiday Programs
- Respite in own home
- Flexible Respite
- NDIS registration groups Assist Access
- Development Life Skills
- Assist Personal Activities
- Personal Activities High
- Daily Tasks/Shared Living
- Participate Community
- Group/Centre Activities
- Plan Management
- Assist life Stage
- Assist Travel/Transport
- Household Tasks
- Innovative Community Participation
- Support Coordination